Saturday, 28 February 2015

books read in february

Hey guys!
There hasn't been much action on this here blog this month. I've been busy in work and on my yoga course.

I have been reading as per usual though and other things have also happened, the two most dramatic being that Bert has shaved off his beard and now has a mustache and our heating in the living room has broken.

We have just been out for lunch and a beer and now bert is watching Mod Squad.

Here's what I read this February.....
(And here's what Bert read)

I just realised I read Wildwood Dancing for Juliet Marillier (which i thought I'd read in January and hence didn't add to the photograph) which was a sweet fairy tale type story which featured the cutest little frog called Gogu.

Next I read Hotel de Dream by Edmund White for reading group. This was an interesting historical novel which I probably would have given up on had it not been a reading group book, but I was actually glad I read it in the end.

Chakras for Beginners by David Pond was for my yoga course, and while it covers lots of info it's also pretty dry. If you know of any good books about chakras let me know.

Women by Chloe Caldwell is a book I gave Bert for Christmas. We both really enjoyed this book about a slightly obsessive affair - it's a good one, I think you'll like it.

Precious (or Push as it was originally called) by Sapphire was turned into a film I haven't seen. I couldn't stop reading this book - it's bleak, compelling, life-affirming, upsetting and just all out page turnery and powerful. Great stuff but a slightly weak ending.

I also read the above book - An Extraordinary Theory of Objects by Stephanie LaCava which was a gift from bert. It's a lovely, interesting book about objects, growing up, nirvana and mental health.

And finally this month I read a book I was really excited about - Girl in a Band by Kim Gordon. Just before reading this I saw that she had said some stuff I didn't agree with about Lana Del Rey which kinda soured it all for me. I actually really enjoyed this though, there was lots about the art world which I loved, but it did feel that maybe she'd written this a little too soon after her break up from Thurston.

Let me know what you've been reading or if you've read any of these ones. I'd be really interested on your thoughts about the Kim Gordon book.
Happy reading.
sian.x

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...