Sunday, 2 August 2015

Vegan coconut bliss balls


hello!
i've been interested in making bliss balls but most of them have dried fruit in (i think we've covered the issues with bert and fruit before??) so i was searching for a recipe without fruit and possibly without nuts... (hi allergies!)
I found this recipe for coconut balls on line - and there are a few different versions (here's one) so have a little hunt! Anyway, these are super easy to make and are relatively healthy! I'm interested in trying out different chocolate for the covering - I just used a good quality dark chocolate, but  maybe some kind of raw chocolate would be good. I made these to take for yoga class and then made another two batches for bert to snack on with his friend Lucy while they had a Beverly Hills 90210 night.

here's how to make them:

blend (in a blender) a cup of desiccated coconut with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. once blended form into little balls and place on a tray covered with parchment paper.
then melt the chocolate - the recipe i've linked to above says a cup and a half of chocolate chips, but I fancy it would be too much. I found that a bar of chocolate was enough for two batches of these, but I guess it's just how you like your balls!

so melt chocolate and then drizzle over balls. just before the chocolate sets sprinkle a little sea salt on the top. yum! pop in the fridge and leave there for a couple of hours.
eat with pots of tea and bad tv.


1 comment:

  1. Ooo they look yummy, I have all the ingredients for them in my kitchen right now too! :)

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...